Article ID: 15
Before your Doctor give you the news be prepared
Mary-Jay Health & Education
Here are common asthma symptom indicators. Having an idea and being able to help your doctor diagnose the problem, decreases your trip and cut the cost. Take note of sudden change in your health. Highly likely you have asthma if you are wheezing, having shortness of breath (dyspnea), coughing, chest tightness or pain, tight neck muscles that is causing talking difficulty, rapid heart rate, sweating, chest pain.
Asthma is defined as an inflammatory disorder of the airways, which causes attacks of wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and coughing.
In sensitive individuals, asthma symptoms can be triggered by breathing in allergy-causing substances called allergens or triggers.
Common asthma triggers include:
• Animals pet hairs with accumulated saliva
• Changes in cold weather
• Chemicals in the air or in food
• Respiratory infections, such as the common cold
• Strong emotions as a result of stress
• Tobacco inhalation
• allergy to medication such as aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Ref: PUB Med- 11152056 excerpt